If a person has applied for a pan card and wants to check the status then he/she can see in many ways. National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) is also used to check NSDLstatus. This article is based on this information and other topics related to pan card.
- What is Pan Card?
- Procedure to check Pan Card Status
- Other ways to check the status-
- Pan Card track status by UTI
- Types of PAN Card-
- Eligibility For PAN Card
- Documents required for PAN Card
- PAN Card apply NSDL/UTIITSL
- PAN Card Download Form
- PAN Card Form Correction PDF/ New PAN Card Request
- PAN Card E-Download
- PAN Card Uses-
- PAN Card and Aadhar Card Link/Check PAN Card and Aadhar Card Link
What is Pan Card?
PAN (Permanent Account Number) is an electronic system through which, all tax-related information for a person/organization is saved against a single PAN number. This behaves as the primary key for the storage of information and is shared across the country.
NOTE: No two tax-paying entities can have the same PAN.
Procedure to check Pan Card Status
Pan Card can be tracked by following methods-
Check PAN Card Status by Acknowledgement number method-
- Visit here for tracking status for pan card in search engine.
- In Application type select PAN-New/Change Request option.
- Then, enter your 15 digits acknowledge number.
- After that, enter the security code given above.
- Then, Submit your inputs. After that, it will show your status details.
Check PAN Card status by DOB and Name-
- Go to this Page for checking the status.
- In the Application type select PAN-New/Change Request option.
- After that, select the option of Name in place of acknowledge number.
- Enter your Name accordingly and then enter DOB.
- After successfully entered all the details submit the details.
- It’ll show the progress of your pan card.
Other ways to check the status-
Other than, entering details to check status, you can also use these methods-
Pan Card track status by UTI
If you want to track your card status by UTI, then follow these steps-
- Visit here to check your card status.
- Enter the Coupon number or enter the PAN number.
- Enter DOB in the next entry.
- Write the Captcha given above.
- Submit the details and status will appear on the screen related to the deatils entered.
Note: You can either enter the Application coupon number or PAN number, results will be shown by any of the two details entered.
Types of PAN Card-
- HUF-Hindu undivided family
Eligibility For PAN Card
All Indian citizens eligible to pay taxes and have suitable proof are eligible for a pan card. The people/firms/companies who are earning and are required to submit a return file of income tax or on behalf of the organization must have a PAN card.
Documents required for PAN Card
- Identity Proof– any of the following document can be used as identity proof-
- Address Proof– any of the following documents can be used as address proof-
- Date of Birth Proof– any of the following documents can be used as DOB proof-
PAN Card apply NSDL/UTIITSL
PAN Card new application can be done via following modes-
PAN Card Download Form
If you want to apply for the PAN card via offline mode then you need to take print of the form given below.
After the print of this PAN Card 49a Form, fill it and then submit it with Fees in a government office.
Also Read– Aadhar Card Update Status
PAN Card Form Correction PDF/ New PAN Card Request
If Due to some reason there is some mistake in PAN Card and wants to be corrected or else want a new PAN Card then, fill this form and submit it to a government office.
NOTE: If PAN Card is lost the don’t worry, login into NSDL/UTIITSL website, fill form 49A for normal people or 49AA for foreigners and submit it with fees.
PAN Card E-Download
To download an e-PAN Card, follow these steps-
- Open the site https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN.
- Click on the option ‘download e-PAN’. A new tab will open and asking to enter details.
- Now, Enter PAN number, DOB and if having GSTIN number enter(mendatory) and enter captcha.
- Submit the details.
- New window will open and then download the e-PAN.
PAN Card Uses-
PAN Card number is a very important number that is used in many places. Below are some examples
- Proof of Identity
- For opening bank accounts and to operate them.
- Mandatory for Filing Taxes
- Proof of Address
- Registration of Business
- Financial transactions
- Electricity, gas, phone as well as broadband connections
- In Mutual Funds
PAN Card and Aadhar Card Link/Check PAN Card and Aadhar Card Link
As per the new norms of the Income Tax Department, Income Tax could be e-filed without linking Aadhar Card till 30th June 2021. Remember that income tax filing is not accepted if Aadhar Card is not linked with PAN Card.
1. How to Link PAN Card to Aadhar Card by website
Stepwise procedure for Linking-
- Open PAN Card E-Filing page by clicking here.
- Enter the details asked like PAN Card number, Aadhar Number, DOB, Name on Aadhar and registered mobile number.
- After that, agree to terms and conditions.
- Mark DOB year only if the year is mention on Aadhar Card otherwise leave it unmarked.
- Then, click to option, Link Aadhar.
- Now, it will ask for 6-digit OTP send to a registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP then submit. A confirmation message will be shown of successfully registered.
- If not registered successfully, then it will red message of not submitted request.
2. How to link both cards by SMS service
The Income Tax Department has mentioned linking their Aadhaar with their PAN, using an SMS-based facility. It can be done by sending an SMS to 567678 or either 56161. Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format:
UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
Example: UIDPAN 123446789012 AKPLM2478M
Check PAN Card and Card Link
If you want to check that you have linked your PAN Card by Aadhar Card then, follow these steps-
- Go to E-Filing Website.
- In our services menu, click Link Aadhar status.
- Then, enter your PAN and Aadhar number
- Submit them by clicking on ‘view link aadhar status’ option.
- Then, it will show the linked status.