The National Testing Agency (NTA) specifies certain guidelines for NEET 2022. All the candidates appearing in this entrance exam must follow NTA exam norms. As per the NEET guidelines 2022, candidates need to carry necessary documents like NEET admit card and other documents to the exam center for verification. In this article, all the guidelines related to NEET are mentioned.
NEET Guidelines 2022: Things allowed in exam center
Candidate must have to carry the following things in the examination center.
- NEET Admit Card
- 2 Passport size photograph one for admit card and other for attendence sheet.
- One postcard size photograph sticked on performa.
- A valid ID proof.
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Hand sanitiser bottle (50 ml) and Personal transparent water bottle.
- Wear the mask(N95) throughout provided by NTA at examination center.
- Candidates suffering form diabetes allowed to carry eatables such as sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottles. However, candidates cannot take packed foods such as chocolate, candy, sandwich, and other.
Things not allowed in exam center
- Stationery items such as textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, geometry/pencil box, plastic pouch, calculator, pen, scale, writing pad, pen drives, eraser, calculator, log table, electronic pen/scanner
- Communication devices such as mobile phone, Bluetooth, earphones, microphone, pager, health band
- Other items such as wallet, goggles, handbags, belt, cap, wristwatch, bracelet, camera, etc.
- Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle, tea, coffee, cold drinks, etc
- Any other item which can used for unfair means, by hiding communication devices, such as a microchip, camera, Bluetooth device.
NEET Guidelines 2022: Guidelines to fill OMR Sheet
- Candidate must fill the circles of OMR correctly as software do not consider partially filled and scratched one.
- Specific boxes are provided in the OMR sheets to fill the required information like Roll Number, Test Booklet No. and Test Booklet Code and do not write or make changes in OMR. This can lead to the rejection of the OMR Sheet.
- In the OMR Sheet, write the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, and Mother’s Name (in running handwriting) in the Name column.
- The test is of 3 hours duration and the Test Booklet contains 200 multiple-choice questions (four options with a single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). 50 questions in each subject divided into two Sections (A and B) as per details given below-
- Section A shall consist of 35 (Thirty-five) Questions in each subject (Question Nos – 001 to 035, 051 to 085, 101 to 135, and 151 to 185). All questions are compulsory.
- Section B shall consist of 15 (Fifteen) questions in each subject (Question Nos – 036 to 050, 086 to 100, 136 to 150, and 186 to 200). In Section B, a candidate needs to attempt any 10 (Ten) questions out of 15 (Fifteen) in each subject.
- Do not fill in more than one option for any of the questions because there is only one answer, which is the most appropriate for all the questions.
- The candidates required to sign with time (in running handwriting) in the declaration column.
- Make sure that the CODE printed on the OMR Answer Sheet is the same as that on the Test Booklet. In case not matched, immediately contact the invigelator.
- In case of any discrepancy for a particular language, only the English version will be considered as the final version.
Examination hall Guidelines
NTA has given some guidelines related to NEET which to be followed while in the examination center. These guidelines are-
- Candidate has to make sure that he/she sign the admit card inside the examination hall in front of the invigilator.
- The authorities throughly check the candidate’s ID proof with admit card.
- Candidate are advise to read all the instructions carefully mentioned on the NEET question paper.
- For attendence, candidates must carry their passport size photographs.
- Candidate has to fill the details in the OMR sheet correctly and in the writing as asked (Capital or small).
- It is to make sure that candidates do not induldge in any type activities like talking to person next to him or any other other intractive activities as this might results in cancellation of the exam. The candidate can’t leave the examination hall till when the exam gets over.
- The candidate has to cooperate as the authority will record the vedio for attendence purpose. Applicants has to sit upright so that thay are clearly visible in vedio.
NEET Guidelines 2022: Dress code for NEET Exam
According to the the NTA guidelines for the exam, candidates have to follow the particular dress code that should be followed on the exam day. They are allowed to wear simple cloths and full details related to the cloths are mentioned below-
- Light clothes with half sleeves, long sleeves not permitted.
- Ornaments such as earrings, necklaces with pendants, rings, anklets, etc. also not permitted.
- Candidates wearing a customary dress should report to the examination centre at least an hour before the last reporting time.
- Slippers and sandals with low heels allowed. Shoes not allowed.
- New added guideline due to COVID-19 is every candidate must have mask and sanitizers.
Exam day Guidelines
These guidelines prepared to allow the candidate to have a problem-free environment and be beneficial for the exam. Now some extra guidelines announced by NTA due to weak and pandemic conditions. While the basic guidelines for the exam days are-
- Candidates have to fill the NTA NEET 2022 admit card undertaking properly before reaching the center of examination.
- Candidates have to reach the center at least 1 hour before to undergo basic checking and frisking procedure.
- Applicants allowed to take along NEET admit card, passport size photograph and valid ID proof to the examination hall in the form of the necessary documents.
- They must paste the passport size photograph on admit card.
- They have to sit in their allotted seats only.
- Candidates will be provided with blue/black ballpoint pen, for answering the exam, at the exam centre itself from authority.
- Candidate’s duty to check whether the pages in the answer booklet is as mentioned as per the rules.
- Video recording procedure is there and must for everyone. They have to sit upright and face the camera for identity and attendance purposes.
- Due to pandemic, masks are provided at the exam centers and safe entry exits will maintain in terms of social distancing.
- Applicants allowed to enter in batches of 15 girls and 15 boys in two different registration rooms on the day of examination, where thermal scanning, frisking and document verification procedures inside the room.
Light clothes with half sleeves, long sleeves not permitted.
Ornaments such as earrings, necklaces with pendants, rings, anklets, etc. also not permitted.
Candidates wearing a customary dress should report to the examination centre at least an hour before the last reporting time.
Slippers and sandals with low heels allowed. Shoes are not permitted.
New rules are added due to pandemic-
Hand sanitiser bottle (50 ml) and Personal transparent water bottle.
Wear the mask(N95) throughout provided by NTA at examination center.
Passport size Photograph (size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
Photograph should be taken on or after 1st September 2021 indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking photograph.
Spectacles allowed only if being used regularly.
Photograph should not be with cap or goggles. The focus needs to be on face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background).
Polaroid and Computer-generated photos not acceptable.