As the results of the NEET 2021 ug exam were announced on 1 November, lakhs of NEET aspirants are eagerly waiting for the counselling to begin. MCC NEET will conduct the counselling via online mode this year on behalf of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). Dates for the counselling of neet 2021 will announce soon for admission in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, BVSc & AH, and BSc Nursing courses. The candidates must visit the official website and get updated about the counselling process.
- What is NEET Counselling?
- NEET 85% State Quota Counselling.
- MCC NEET All India Quota (AIQ) 15% Counselling
- NEET Exam Highlights
- MCC NEET 2021 Registration process-
- What is the fees of NEET Counselling?
- NEET 2021 Counselling Schedule
- NEET 2021 Counselling Process
- Documents Required for NEET 2021 Counselling
- Eligibility Requirements for NEET Counselling 2021
- MCC NEET Counselling 2021: Eligibility Creteria for Central Universities
- MCC NEET 2021: Free Exit and Exit with Forfeiture
- NEET MCC Counselling 2021 of Deemed/ Central Universities/Central Institute for Mop UP Round
- India's Top Medical Colleges: Cutoff and Fees
What is NEET Counselling?
NEET Counselling is conducted for the students who successfully qualified for the entrance exam. The counselling process is organized by MCC (Medical Council Committee). NEET is the national level entrance examination to get admission in MBBS & BDS courses from various government and private medical colleges of India.
Through this counselling process, qualified candidates will get admission to medical colleges allocated anywhere in India. These seats are assigned on the basis of the All India Rank for the candidates. Candidates who participate in the AIQ counselling can also participate in state quota counselling for the respective states.
Also Read: Strategies for NEET preparation
NEET 85% State Quota Counselling.
State counseling is conducted by every state counseling authority individually for admission in 85% of State quota seats. Each of the State authorities releases their own state merit list on the basis of NEET Score and on the basis of the State merit list. Then the authority calls the candidates for a counselling procedure.
The counselling procedure for Private Medical Colleges is also conducted by concerned State Counselling Authorities. The 85% seats of state quota counselling will be conducted for admission in the state medical & dental colleges.
MCC NEET All India Quota (AIQ) 15% Counselling
For 15% AIQ seats, the counselling process is managed by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India. The candidates who score above 15% in all India cut-off can participate in All India counselling.
The 15% AIQ counselling is conducted for admission in all state medical and dental participating colleges. Through this counselling, candidates will get admission to medical colleges located all over India.
The seats will be allotted to the candidates as per the AIQ rank of the candidate and filled choices. Candidates, who participate in this counselling can also participate in state quota counselling of their respective states.
MCC NEET Counselling: AIQ Includes
15% MBBS/BDS Seats of States
100% MBBS/BDS Seats of BHU
100% MBBS Seats of AIIMS across India
All India Quota of JIPMER (Puducherry/ Karaikal)
AIQ seats of AMU/ DU/ VMMC/ ABVIMS
All India Quota Seats of Faculty of Dentistry (Jamia Milia Islamia)
All India Quota Seats of ESIC
Counselling Scheme of NEET 2021
|100% Deemed University||1-Four rounds of counselling are there i.e. Round 1, Round 2 of AIQ, and Mop-Up Round & Stray Vacancy Round.|
2-From These Four rounds, 3 are conducted by MCC i.e. Round 1, Round 2, and Mop-Up Round.
3-The Stray Vacancy round is conducted by the respective Deemed Universities
|AIIMS and JIPMER|
|Central Institues/ Universites|
NEET Exam Highlights
|Particular||Detail / Date|
|Name of the Exam||National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) UG|
|Exam organizer||National Test Agency (NTA)|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||12-Sept-2021|
|NEET Counselling Authority||Director-General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).|
|NEET Counselling Website||http://mcc.nic.in/#/home|
MCC NEET 2021 Registration process-
Here are the steps for the registration of neet 2021 for counselling-
- Visit the official website of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- On the page, click on the red button in which “UG Medical Counselling” is written.
- Now click on the link which reads “NEET UG Counselling New Registration”.
- Enter all the required details asked correctly and then pay the fees.
- Select the college options where the candidate wants to take admission
- Download the NEET UG counselling 2021 Registration slip and take a printout of it for future reference.
What is the fees of NEET Counselling?
|Type of Institution||Category||Counselling Fees|
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||UR|
|Deemed Universities||All Categories||Rs-5000||Rs-200000|
NEET 2021 Counselling Schedule
Here is mentioned the complete schedule of counselling of MCC NEET 2021 ug exam-
|Events (Centralize Counselling & All India Quota/ Deemed/ Central Universities & ESIC)||Dates 2021|
|1st Round Counselling|
|Starting of registration, choice filling, payment & indicative seats||November 2021|
|Closing of registration, choice filling & indicative seats||November 2021|
|Choice filling and locking||November 2021|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||November 2021|
|Result of round 1||November 2021|
|Reporting to the allotted college||November 2021|
|2nd Round Counselling|
|New Registration||November 2021|
|Exercising of choices and locking||–|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||–|
|Result of round 2||–|
|Reporting to the allotted college||–|
|Online Registration & Fee Payment||–|
|Choice Filling/Locking for Mop Up||–|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||–|
|Result for Mop UP||–|
NEET 2021 Counselling Process
Qualified candidates are eligible to do registration at mcc.nic.in website. Without registration, step candidates will not able to fill the college and course choice. In this, they have to fill in their NEET roll number, registration number, name, mother’s name, and date of birth. As this process is completed a unique ID and Password is generated and sent on their registered mobile number and mail ID.
2-Counselling Fees payment
With the help of this ID, candidates can move to the further process of submitting fees. This fee can be submitted via a Credit/Debit card or Net Banking.
3-Choice Filling for NEET Counselling
This is one of the major questions. So in this candidates just have to choose the college they wanted according to the score. Or else they can search for this on the internet. As the candidate has filled in the choices, click on the ‘save’ button. Without saving the choices are not submitted. So, remember to save the choices positively.
4-Seat Allotment of NEET
Once the neet counselling result of seat allotment is declared, candidate can download their allotment letter by login into the website. This letter is also available in the mail. The seats are allotted according to the candidate-filled choice. Free exit is available in the first round while in the second round, exit with forfeiture is available.
5-Change the allotted seat
If the candidate is not satisfied with the seat allotted to them, they can change or modify the allotment. To do this candidate has to log in to the website and select the choices again and then save it to lock the choices selected.
6-Reporting to the allotted college
As the seat allotment procedure is completed, candidates have to report to the designated college to complete the further formalities. Here candidates have to submit the initial fees to confirm seats and complete the formalities. However, it is not necessary to report after the first round. Candidates who wish to take a seat or upgrade it to a higher one must join and report. Now, in the second round allotment of seats is followed by reporting and joining unless the candidate chose to exit with forfeiture where the security deposit is lost. In reporting to the allotted college candidates must submit the original copies of their documents asked. In case if a candidate fails to report to the college at the given time, the seat is transferred to the next candidate.
Documents Required for NEET 2021 Counselling
- NEET Admit Card
- Score Card of NEET
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Documents Required for NRI/ OCI candidates appearing for Deemed Universities
- Passport copy of sponsored, embassy certificate
- Sponsorship affidavit (stating that sponsorer is ready to bear the expenses for the whole duration of study)
- Relationship Affidavit (Relation of Candidate with the sponsorer)
Eligibility Requirements for NEET Counselling 2021
- Candidates who apply for counselling must qualify neet 2021.
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible to participate in AIQ counselling unless they give their assent.
- Registration is required on mcc website to participate in counselling.
- The minimum qualifying score for NEET will be the 50th percentile (for SC, ST, OBC, and physically handicapped general, the 45th percentile).
- Additionally, the ministry releases a list of qualified candidates who are not eligible to apply under the 15% AIQ.
MCC NEET Counselling 2021: Eligibility Creteria for Central Universities
- Delhi University (LHMC, UCMS, MAMC): – 15% seats for All India Quota (AIQ) & 85% institutional quota seats for candidates who have passed their 10+2 in Delhi.
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU):- 50% Institutional reservation for the AMU school candidates studying there for the last 3 years. Rest of the 50% of seats to All India candidates.
- BHU:- Open to All India candidates from mcc neet.
- Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: 3 BDS seats under the internal quota of JMI and 47 seats are open to All India quota candidates. Students who have passed their 10+ 2 from Jamia Schools can apply for internal quota.
- VMMC & SJH : 15% seats for All India and rest as Institute Quota for students who have passed their 10+2 from Delhi.
MCC NEET 2021: Free Exit and Exit with Forfeiture
Free Exit (For 1st Round)- If a candidate doesn’t report/join allotted a seat in round 1 of the allotted college, the penalty is not there (security deposit not forfeited ). Such candidates will be eligible for further subsequent rounds.
Exit with Forfeiture– If in the 2nd round, the candidate is allotted a seat and doesn’t want to join the allotted seat he/she can still exit with forfeiture (losing security amount deposited) within the given time period.
Candidates who already joined the allotted seat in the second round are not eligible for resigning/surrendering the seat and will not be allowed to participate in state counselling either.
NEET MCC Counselling 2021 of Deemed/ Central Universities/Central Institute for Mop UP Round
- Candidtes has to do fresh Registration for Mop-up Round (not required for earlier resigned candidates).
- Choice Filling/ Choice Locking
- Seat Allotment for NEET mcc counseling Mop Up Round.
- Result Publication
- Reporting at the Allotted Medical/ Dental College
- Stray vacencies list (of registered candidates) is send to deemed/central universities.
- Deemed/ Central Universities will conduct final stray round (no Fresh Registration of candidates in this Round).
India’s Top Medical Colleges: Cutoff and Fees
|Name of the College||Cut off Rank||MBBS Fees(in Rs)|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||90||15,450|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||163||33,500|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||324||30,870|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||571||7.45 lakh|
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh||776||1.38 lakh|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||457||1.04 lakh|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||1800||1.26 lakh|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||5253||13,610|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||6573||32,420|
Helpline of MCC
Phone No. : 0120-4073500
Toll-Free Number: 1800 102 7637
The result of the counselling is available on the MCC website. All the details of counselling and the list will release on the MCC website only.
First register on the mcc website for counselling, then pay the fees, fill the choices of college, seat allotment of the college, and then report to the college.
Visit the MCC website, click ‘ug medical counselling’, now select ‘neet counselling new registration’, enter all the details and submit the form.
There is no such limit in the choice filling, but be very careful in selecting the choices as college is allotted on the basis of seats and marks.
The counselling of neet ug will start in November 2021. Most probably the first round of counselling will get over in November only.