A Birth certificate is an official document and record that is proof of the child’s existence. Person Identity and nationality can also be determined by this certificate. It is also used in various government works like passports, driving licenses, etc in banks and many other places. It is mandatory to register the birth or death of a child in India as mentioned under the law. Having Birth Certificate make it easier to prove our citizenship. So, in this article, we’ll discuss how to download a Birth Certificate and how to apply online.
Birth Certificate Download online in UP
Nowadays, it’s very easy to do any work as everything is now available on the internet. With the help of these services, you can access everything from home. If one wants to download Birth Certificate PDF he/she can get from the website by the following step-
- First, in google search enter the enagarseva website.
- Home Page of the site will open, In menu search Citizen Services and dropbox menu will open.
- There, you will find many options, search Birth certificate in it.
- By viewing that option you’ll find a download option click on it.
- A new page will open, you can download it by 3 method-
- By entering Acknowledgement Number
- From Registration Number
- Or by entering City Name and DOB.
- Enter image text and then submit.
- Your Certificate will appear on the screen, click on it and download directly.
Note: The certificate provided by Nagar Nigam authority is digitally signed and hence legal and valid.
Birth Certificate required Documents
- An Affidavit
- Registration slip provided by the hospital at the time of birth.
- If for some reason you don’t have a registration slip, then you need an exhibit from the city council or gram panchayat or from an MBBS doctor which clearly mention-Child Name
- Child’s Father Name
- Residence Address
- Child’s DOB
- And signature or seel of doctor or an authority.
- An ID proof like Aadhar, Driving License, PAN Card, etc.
Note : All documents should be scanned PDF format and indivisual size do not exceed 300Kb.
How to apply Online for जन्म प्रमाणपत्र 2021
If you want to apply for a birth certificate online then you follow these steps-
- Open e-District website on google.
- On the top of the dashboard, you’ll find an option for citizen Login. Click on that option.
- A new page will appear, If you already registered just log in or else click on New Registration to register.
- On new user registration, you will receive a login id and password on the registered mobile number.
- Enter that login ID and Password to log in.
- After logging in, go to apply and choose the application for a birth certificate online option.
- After choosing this option, a form will open. This form is to be filled in your state’s regional language and English.
- After filling the rest of the form it will ask to upload certain essential documents.
- After uploading, submit the form. A new preview screen will appear showing all the entered details.
- At top of the form, the application number will appear. Using this number you can see the status, download, and can check the form online. Make sure that you print this form for future references.
- At the bottom of this form, you will find an option of paying the online fee for the certificate. This is a nominal fee between 10-20 rupees, varying from state to state.
- After clicking on the payment option, you will be redirected to another page to enter the application number. Click the submit button and you’ll be redirected secure payment portal and then select the mode of payment.
- After submitting the payment, your application will be submitted for processing and you will be redirected to your citizen service ID account.
- Here you can find an option for checking the status of your application under ‘list of applications” and download the birth certificate.
Also Read– Voter ID Card Status
Birth Certificate Status Check
When you applied for a birth certificate online it takes time as it passes through the various department. Visiting daily and checking is an old days process. Now you can check your status directly from enagarseva website then the menu option → citizen services → Birth Certificate → Check status.
On clicking the status option, you can check the status by Acknowledgement number, birth certificate registration number, or by entering city and DOB.
Birth Certificate Correction
If for some reason there is a mistake in the certificate then this process is a little bit difficult. Firstly, check details many times while applying for the registration and check again before submitting. Now, if you want a correction in certificate then you have to go to Municipal office in urban areas, Tehsildar in rural areas, and Gram Panchayat at village level. For that follow these steps-
- Go to the Municipal office or Gram Panchayat where the child is born and ask for the Birth Certificate Update/Correction Form.
- Take an affidavit from a local authority and approach the officer regarding correction in the birth certificate and make an affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal and mention the reason for the correction.
- Fill the correction form and submit it to the municipal corporation along with an affidavit or certified copy with the judge’s original signature.
- After completion of this application process, publish an advertisement in the local newspaper and your state official authorized publication.
Offline Application For Birth Certificate
1.Via Nagar Nigam Office
If you want to register for a birth certificate offline, then go to your area Nagar Nigam office with all the documents mentioned above and submit them to the operator. Then, the operator will fill the form according to the documents provided and on submission of the application, the applicant will receive SMS on his/her phone.
2.Through Hospital where child was born
The hospital person will also fill in the details according to the documents and submit them. After submission of the form, an SMS will be delivered to his/her phone regarding submission details. But it is advisory to apply for the birth certificate at the time of birth of a child only through the hospital as if it delays for 1 year then you have to go to Local wards or Health department.
Importance of this Certificate
This Certificate is very important in a child’s life as it helps in admission at schools and colleges, helps hospitals, and is also used in property claims. It’s the primary right of a child and establishes his or her identity. It is important for the following purposes-
- Giving age for insurance reasons
- Used to enroll in Electoral Rolls
- Proving parentage
- Registering in NPR (National Population Register)
- Application for a passport
- Admission to schools/colleges
- Proving parentage
- Age proof for employment
- Age proof for marriage
- Immigration requirements (like getting a green card)